Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Day in the Life...

Ok, well, not really.  This weekend was anything but typical.  Tim worked all weekend, which was typical - my weekend was totally fun, though I got nothing on my todo list accomplished. 

Saturday was spent getting a haircut and then giving 40 people a tour of the Commanding Officer's home on Naval Base Point Loma.  This is acutally the third time I've done this for Capt. Adams and his wife, Kim, and it's aways a blast.  I was quite amazed that some of these little old ladies made it up and down four plus flights of stairs!



Clockwise from Left: my friend Noelle making me laugh.  Showing everyone the redwood beam construction in the attic. Disucssing Transom windows and the original women's sitting/dressing rooms on the second floor.  Answering questions, and apparently adjusting my jacket on the wrap around porch.
The House itself:  I feel like I'm walking through a Pottery Barn Catalog every time I visit.
             Entryway with 9ft doorways!                                                 Formal Living Room

             Pocketdoors reveal the Dining Room!                                                 Wrap around porch.

Did a lot this weekend, but got nothing checked off my todo list.  Ah well, there's always next weekend.

Love,
Sara



No comments:

Post a Comment